Welcome to / مرحبا بكم في / স্বাগতম / خوش آمدید / आपका स्वागत है / 歡迎來到 / Bienvenido / Bienvenue / selamat datang
CMC president, Br Mainul and few Brothers attended the Holy Spirit Perish church on 9 June 2019. CMC president short statement...
Thank you Canberra. We've got a wonderful, harmonious and lovely community with people from all over and from all faiths living in harmony-let's keep it that way. Read more...
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu
Dear Brothers and Sisters
In sha Allah the Canberra Muslim Community Inc (CMC) will be holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 13 July 2019. The two year term of the current Executive Committee also concludes at this AGM and therefore there will be an election held on the same day as per current CMC Constitution. Details are as follows:
Date: Saturday, 13th July 2019
Time: 1:30 PM – 4 PM
Venue: Gungahlin Masjid,140 The Valley Avenue, Gungahlin, ACT
1. Election commissioner- The Executive Committee has appointed Br Brice Hamack as the Chair of the Election Panel and Br Brice will manage all election matters as per clause 14 of the Constitution.
2. Nomination- Nominations of candidates must be submitted to Br Brice Hamack through email at CMCelection2019@gmail.com by midnight Friday the 28 June 2019 or by hard copy to the Chair as per the constitution.
3. Members eligibility – Members who will pay their annual fees or will become a member by 30 June 2019 will have the right to stand for EC position and to vote at the election to be held on 13 July 2019.
All Life Members, including any new Life Members up to 30 June 2019 will have the full right to stand for EC position and to vote at the election to be held on 13 July 2019.
4. The Executive Committee requests all brothers and sisters to renew/become new members by 30 June 2019 to be eligible to vote at the next election. Full list of all CMC members who will be eligible to vote at the next election will be available at the CMC website on 3 July 2019.
5. Nomination and membership forms along with the Constitution of the CMC Inc. and other documents can be downloaded from the “forms” folder/button of masjid website - http://gungahlinmosque.org.au/forms
6. AGM Agenda - If you wish to add any agenda items for the AGM please send them to the Secretary's email at email@example.com before Monday 10 June 2019. Full list of Agenda will be circulated by Secretary on 18 June 2019.
7. Minutes of the 2017-18 AGM and Financial statements are available at the CMC website.
We look forward to seeing your active participation and involvement with the CMC and Gungahlin Mosque.
Refreshments will be provided for all present at the AGM In Sha Allah.
Fajr and Iqamah times have been updated